Compression stockings are specially made, snug-fitting, stretchy socks that gently squeeze your leg. Graduated compression or pressure stockings are tighter around your ankle and get looser as they move up your leg. Compression sleeves are just the tube part, without the foot.
Who Uses Them?
- People with or at risk for circulation problems, like DVT, varicose veins, or diabetes
- People who are recovering from surgery.
- Those who can’t leave their bed or have a hard time moving their legs
- People who stand all day at work
- Pregnant women
- People who spend long stretches of time on airplanes, like pilots
At Markham Health Network we can supply compression stockings based on your needs. Please contact us for more information.